Travelling by taxi during the corona outbreak has its advantages. You don’t have to share a taxi with other travellers, like public transport. The driver cleans the sensitive parts of the vehicle, such as the handles and the seatbelts.
Safe and responsible taxiing during the corona outbreak
In addition to general guidelines against the spread of the coronavirus, the Government has written out a specific protocol for transport by taxi.
The following supplementary guidelines apply to taxi passengers:
- You MUST wear a face mask in the taxi at ALL times;
- Prebook your taxi ride as much as possible;
- Keep distance from the driver:
- Embark and disembark yourself;
- If possible, sit in the back seat;
- Fasten your seatbelt yourself;
- Place luggage in the luggage compartment yourself or keep it on your lap.
- Pay with debit/credit card. Avoid cash payments.
General public health guidelines
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and book a test if you have COVID-19 symptoms (new continuous cough, fever or loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste)
Visit the Scottish Goverment Website for more information.